Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Still Talking Up a Storm!

Parker said two new words today! He said "bagel" and "diaper". Diaper is one that I think he was saying several days ago, or maybe even weeks ago but I wasn't really SURE if that was what he was saying. Today however when I pulled the diaper bag out of the car I said, "Let's take your diaper bag inside so we can change your diaper". Right after I said that, Parker said "diaper". It didn't sound exactly like diaper but obviously the exact enunciation comes later than 1 year old, but it was two syllables, started with 'd' and there was a 'p' sound that began the second syllable so at 1 year old, that counts as saying the word. Especially considering it was in the right context and everything.

Now on to "bagel"...I was feeding Parker his lunch and he was eating away like usual. He told me he was all done with his bagel so I put what was left in a plastic bag and put it in his diaper bag so I'd have it for him to snack on later in the day if he got hungry. He watched me put it in the diaper bag and went about eating like normal. Then it was a while later and he started signing please, so I said "please what?" because like so many times that he says please, I had no indication of what he actually wanted, just that he was trying to ask for it nicely. When I asked him what he wanted, he pointed to his diaper bag and said "bagel"! It sounded more like "bay-el" but he was definitely trying to say bagel. I asked him if he was he wanted more bagel and he signed please once again so that was what he had wanted. He proceeded to eat several more pieces of bagel! :) I can't believe how quickly he is picking up on things now! He is quite the smart little fella if you ask me although I may be just a bit biased. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Bagel... what a funny word to say! Parker is a little smarty pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He LOVES bagels! It's too funny! I think he could eat bagel and cheese all day long and be completely happy!

    ReplyDelete