Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Apparently I Say "Yah" More than Yes...

I meant to do this post a couple of days ago, but I got behind, (yes again...big surprise). Anyway, on Monday the 23rd, Parker pointed to 2 new body parts. He knew "arm" and "feet". He's really picking up on this body part thing now and has been getting them so quickly. It's very fun! :)

He also said several new words on Monday as well, he said "leg" while pointing to his leg and then later when pointing to my leg as well. He said "baby" (although that is one I'm pretty sure he has said before but I'm not positive), "bear", "go, go" and my favorite..."yah". I have determined that I must say "yah" a lot instead of saying "yes" because Parker can make an 's' sound and has done so many times but his "yah" is very clear and he makes no attempt to add an 's' sound to it. Not the most formal way to talk but it sounds really cute when he says it. We weren't sure at first it he was really saying it but he uses it in the right context and even his inflection and intonation in his voice sound like he's saying "yah". It's cute to hear, but maybe I should be saying "yes" instead of "yah". I'm just surprised that he said "yah" before saying "no"! I'm sure he's reserving saying "no" for a time when he wants to be super defiant and disobey mommy...oh the joys of what's to come! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment