Just an update with a few new things Parker is doing/saying. It's very hard to keep up with this since he does new things so frequently lately. :) I'm sure this is typically of kids his age but it is so fun to get to experience it and watch him learn and grow so much!!
New Signs: play (first did this one a few days ago but I forgot to write about it until today) and socks (new as of today)
New Words: says "ding" after ringing the bell on his trike (has been doing this for a few days now), said "nana" today for more banana (new as of today)
When a train goes by, he not only says train but now he makes a motion like he's pulling a train whistle and tries to say "choo choo" (has been doing this for several days but once again I forgot to blog about it until now)
Block Play: (My ECE gals will appreciate this, by the way I miss all of you ECE girlies!)...I remember learning in my Early Childhood classes at K-State that there are different stages of building with blocks that children go through. They start by "building out rather than up", as in they line blocks up side by side to "build" with them instead of stacking them up like older children would. Parker attempts to stack blocks on top of one another and has for some time now, but he usually lacks the coordination to stack any more than 2 blocks and lately he has been setting the blocks next to each other and "building out" instead of up. :) It's so fun to actually see Parker going through these things I learned in my classes. I LOVE having my degree in Early Childhood Education...it's a SUPER practical degree for someone wanting to be a SAHM (stay at home mom) while their kids are young! :)
Anyway, those are some more of the new things that Parker has been doing lately. I'll try to keep updating...when I remember things that is! ;)
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment