First a few new things that Parker has been doing for awhile now that I kept forgetting to update...
Whenever Parker knocks over his blocks after building with them or they fall over, James and I say "boom!"...Parker has been saying "boom!" now too! He's been saying this for probably a week or two but like I've mentioned before, it's so hard to remember to update everything new!
Parker also has been saying "beep, beep" when he sees cars in books or driving down the road. He doesn't always say it, but sometimes he does. On a related note, Parker has been saying "car" for a long time now too. It's hard to know for sure how long he's been saying it, but he LOVES cars and whenever he sees one drive down the road, he points to it and says "car!" very enthusiastically!
Another "new" thing that Parker has been saying/signing is "star". Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is his favorite song and we have a book with a little boy doing the sign for star. Every time we read that book and it gets to the page with the star Parker would raise up his hand and move his fingers (the sign for star). For the longest time I thought this was just a coincidence until James pointed out that he does this EVERY time we get to that page and if you ask him to say "star" he does it then too! He also says the word "star" while pointing to stars in different books so star is both a new word and sign that he knows.
Now on to the actual new things instead of the things he's been doing for a long time that I have been neglectful in reporting. On Saturday (3/28) Parker said "book" while doing the sign. He also did several new animal sounds while I was reading an animal book he has to him. He made a bee, goose, rooster and bunny "sound" for the first time all in the same day! You may be wondering how one makes a bunny sound, but at our house we say that the bunny says "hop, hop, hop" so that was the sound Parker made. He also did the sign for bunny while he made the sound for bunny.
Just now Parker was sitting next to me playing with the box my phone came in and the booklets inside of it. I thought this was no big deal until I saw the ear piece attachment with it's long cord. I went over and asked Parker to give the ear piece to mommy and told him it was "danger". Parker looked right at me and proceeded to say "danger, danger". Like most of his words, it wasn't 100% clear, but you could tell that's what he was saying and later he said it again as I was putting the ear piece out of his reach. We do say that a lot of things are "danger" around our house with as many things as Parker gets into so it's no surprise that he's learned that one.
I guess that's all for now but I'm sure that's more than enough for anyone reading this right now! ;)
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment