Before Parker got sick I had a sticky note with a bunch of new words/cute things Parker has been doing that I kept meaning to write in a blog post. Some of these things might be repeats from previous posts that I just forgot I had already posted so please bear with me.
New Words: grandpa (new as of today!), ball (has been saying for a while now but sounds much more clear now)
Body Parts he knows consistently: head, hair, mouth, nose, belly
New Signs: now signs "sleep" when he's tired (too precious if you ask me!:) and elephant
Correctly identifies in books (by pointing to object after being asked to "find the..." : ball, baby, car, socks, cat, dog, toothbrush (there are others but I can't remember them now)
New Animal Sounds he imitates: elephant along with elephant sign, sheep sound
Other big boy, toddlerish behaviors:
- takes klennix, napkins, paper towels etc. and pretends to clean with it (super cute!)
- Tries to share everything with James and I
- When we read a book with the word "light" in it, he turns to look up at the overhead light in whatever room we are in
- When we read the word "cat" he immediately looks for our cat Muffy and points to her (usually while saying cat)
- Holds the phone to his ear pretending to talk, (or actually talking if someone happens to be on the phone)
- Any time he picks up his brush he tries to brush his hair (also super cute!)
Most of these things he has been doing for almost a month now or some possibly even longer than that. It's just so hard at the end of the day to remember all of the big boy things he has done. I'm trying to be better about writing things down as they happen so that I don't forget during the day! Anyway it would have been much cuter to tell the stories of what happened when these firsts happened but since I have been slacking, it would take way too long to write so many detailed descriptions of these events and let's face it...I SHOULD be sleeping right now! Anyway, speaking of slacking, I have a lot of February Parker videos that I really need to post! Hopefully that will happen soon but who knows when that will actually end up happening. Hope you've enjoyed hearing about the fun things Parker is doing! I LOVE the age he's at!! :)
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! I'm so happy Parker is doing better, and it is so exciting to hear how he is becoming a toddler! What a smartie you have on your hands! I got the flu Sunday night, and I can't imagine Becky how you were able to care for the little guy and take care of yourself! My MOM had to come to stay with me for the past three days!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your 1 year old!
Well luckily I have an AMAZING husband who took very good care of me (and Parker) when I got sick. So sorry to hear you got the flu!! I'll be praying you feel better soon!! I'll be in Manhattan tomorrow if you need anything! :)
ReplyDeleteLuckily Addie is feeling much better today! She hasn't thrown up since yesterday morning and seems back to normal. How is Parker doing He was sick for so long!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that Addie is doing better now! Parker is back to his old happy self but his sleep is still off. He has been waking up once during the night at anywhere between 2:30 and 4:30 and when he wakes up, he only wants to sit with me and rock and it takes a LONG time to get him to go back to sleep in his crib. He was throw-up sick for 7 days and then it took a couple of days after that for him to get his appetite back. Now he's eating more than before he got sick...he's been eating a TON!! I guess he's trying to make up for being sick!
ReplyDelete