Parker LOVES the Disney movie "Cars"...I mean like, asks to watch it multiple times per day (no we don't ALLOW him to watch it that often but we watch bits and pieces of it far more often than I would like, lol) and wants anything having to do with the movie! There IS however one scene that scares him...it's the end of the scene where Lighning McQueen and Tow Mater go tractor tipping together and the combine chases them. He tells us probably 10 times per day "I don't like when the big tractors tip over. I don't like the combine." We always skip that scene now that we know but if we're too slow to get to it, he will cover his eyes with his hands and start whimpering...so sad! :( The other day I was changing Parker's diaper and we had the following conversation...
P: "Tow Mater hiding."
me: "Where do you think he could be hiding?"
P: "Tow Mater under the couch...he scared." (I look over and see that underneath the skirt at the bottom of the couch you can see Mater's hood sticking out)
me: "He's scared? What do you think he's scared of?"
P: "Tow Mater scared of the big tractors tip over."
me: "Tow Mater's scared of the big tractors tipping over?"
P: "Uh huh"
me: "You should say, 'It's okay Tow Mater, you don't need to be scared...the tractors won't hurt you'"
P: (goes and gets Tow Mater out from under the couch and turns him so Tow Maters face is right at his eye level and says) "It's okay Tow Mater, you not need to be scared...the tractors not 'urt you."
Is that sweet or what?! :)
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment