Saturday, April 10, 2010
Polite Boy
We have always tried to stress to Parker to use good manners, say please, thank you, etc. Typically we have to prompt him to say "thank you" after he receives something he has asked for, he is two afterall. Anyway, yesterday he was at the table and asked me if I would get his milk for him. I said yes, went to the fridge and brought him his milk. I then went back into the kitchen to get something else. Then I hear the most adorable, tiny little voice say "thank you my milk, mommy!". It was so precious!!! He says thank you all the time, but there is something about not having to PROMPT him to say thank you (for the MILLIONTH time) that was just too sweet! I was so touched by him remembering to thank me for getting his milk that I made sure to give him lots of praise for remembering and being such a sweet, big boy! I think he let the praise go to his head a little bit because later in the meal he all of a sudden said "Thank you my chicken nuggets, mommy. Thank you my white cheese (string cheese) mommy. Thank you my corn, mommy! Thank you my applesauce, mommy!" LOL!! I'm not sure how genuine the other thank yous were but either way I'm hoping this means I won't have to remind him to say thank you as often! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's one of my favorite things too when Kylie says sincere unprompted thank yous. It makes up for any two year old attitude I've been frustrated with :)
ReplyDeleteSo true! He usually does things like that just when I NEED him to do something cute/sweet! :)
ReplyDelete