Saturday, April 10, 2010
Hippo Cup
The other day I went to get Parker a milk cup out for lunch and all of his cups that we usually use for his milk were dirty. I don't like using his bigger cups for milk because he doesn't drink a whole lot of milk each day and I don't like for the milk to sit in the fridge with milk in them for days at a time...can you say gross! Anyway, moving on...so I looked on the top shelf in the cupboard with his milk cups and found a little pink hippo cup (it was the type of cup where the straw is on the side of the cup and also serves as the handle, if that made any sense). I was a little concerned because it didn't have any spill guard thing like his other milk cups but I figured it was better than having to hand wash one of his other milk cups (yes, I'm lazy like that, lol!). As soon as Parker saw the cup he got really excited! You would have thought that CUP of all things was a new puppy or something, lol! He drank a TON of milk that meal and kept saying "my like my 'ippo' cup mommy!". As he was eating I looked over and saw him picking the hippo cup up off of the table...I got nervous at first because I was afraid he was going to throw the cup on the ground and milk was going to spill everywhere. I said to him, "we drink out of the hippo cup...it needs to stay on the table or you may take a drink from it" He then looked at me and said, "I want to give that 'ippo' love mommy" It was then that I realized he was picking it up so he could bring it to his cheek to give it a hug and kiss (we call giving hugs and kisses giving 'love' at our house)! :) I'm continuously in awe of how sweet and wonderful God made my little man. Oh, and of course I allowed him to give his 'ippo' love and the best news was, he didn't even spill a drop! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor Eve has to drink out of the sippy cups without the spill guards and she's only 12 months old. Well that's because Kylie went through this stage where she would refuse to drink out of a cup if it had one it so I end up taking them out and throwing them away. Now I don't even bother with lids for Kylie anymore anyways. They learn fast! How cute that Parker was all lovey dovey with his cup. He sounds like such a sweet little boy.
ReplyDeleteI know the books say that he should be drinking out of a cup without a lid anyway at this age but the people who write those books must not A) have carpet in their dining room like we do or B) have a child who throws his cup down on the floor at EVERY meal, LOL! I don't have the money to have my rental duplex carpet steam cleaned all the time because my toddler refuses to keep his cup on the table despite our best efforts to get him to keep the cup on the table. I'm sure he could do it if I let him try but I'm just not that brave, (or maybe I'm just to practical) to try! haha
ReplyDeleteYeah, we keep cups in the kitchen/dining room and not in carpeted areas but she never really spills much. I agree that I wouldn't want to be constantly cleaning the carpet anyways although come to think of it I do for different reasons (potty training, ugh).
ReplyDelete