Saturday, April 10, 2010

Prius Car

Ever since Parker started really getting into the movie "Cars" he asks what different cars names are. He thinks that all cars have "names" since the cars in "Cars" have names. When he asks what one of his Matchbox cars name is, I just look on the bottom of the car and tell him what kind of car it is. For a while I tried explaining to him that cars don't have names like people do and that he should ask what KIND of car it is instead of the cars name but being the two year old that he is, that just didn't fly with him and he is insistent upon knowing the cars names, lol! This morning we had the following conversation...

P: (while holding up his little Matchbox Prius) "What that car name?"
me: "It's a Prius"
P: "But what that car NAME mommy?"
me: "That's the kind of car he is honey so his name is Prius"
P: "What's his last name mommy?"
me: "umm...his last name is 'car'."
P: "Oh, his name Prius Car!" (he says happily as he skips away)

I thought it was too funny so I had to call James and tell him. James then told me that Parker was probably wanting me to tell him the 'make' of the car and that's why he was wanting TWO names for the car. I didn't even think about it that way but I bet that IS what he was wanting. Next time he asks I'll tell him the cars name is "Toyota Prius" so that he has a first and a last name, lol! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment