I've done a couple of posts recently about Parker really being "into" either being sung to or singing himself lately. This post and this post. I just LOVE hearing him sing!! I just wanted to list the songs he has been singing regularly lately... "Old McDonald Had a Farm", "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" (or "Head, Shoulders, Knees and nose" as he says, lol), "The ABC's", "Wheels on the Bus" and my FAVORITE..."Jesus Loves Me"!!
The other day I laid him down for his nap and heard him singing it for the first time! He sang "Jesus love me this I know. For the Bible tells me so. Little ones to him belong" and then he mumbled a bunch of words together that didn't sound like anything but you could tell he was still "singing"! He had frequently REQUESTED to have it sung to him,(in fact it is now part of our bedtime routine) but I had never heard him actually sing it on his own! After we read books we used to just "click" the lights, pray, and give hugs and kisses...NOW however, EVERY night, after we have "clicked" the lights, Parker asks for us to sing "Jesus Loves Me"! If we are in the room with him, he won't sing it by himself, or even sing it WITH James and I, but if we start singing it and stop, he'll pick up where we left off and he'll fill in the words for us.
So an example would be...
James/Becky: "Jesus loves me..."
Parker: "this I know"
James/Becky: "For...
Parker: "the Bible tells me so."
James/Becky: "Little ones...
Parker: "to him belong."
James/Becky: "They are..."
Parker: "weak but He is strong!"
James/Becky: "Yes...
Parker: "Jesus loves me!"
James/Becky: "Yes...
Parker: "Jesus loves me!"
James/Becky: "Yes...
Parker: "Jesus loves me!"
James/Becky: "The...
Parker: "Bible tells me so!"
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this age!!! I wish they stayed little and innocent forever! :)
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment