Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Videos, What's That, Nasonex, Thank You

First I want to appologize for both my lack of blogging and not getting the Parker videos from April and May on here yet! I went to Youtube to upload the videos and for some reason, I couldn't find the folder they are usually in. Anyway, so now I don't know when they'll end up on here! Like usual Parker's vocabulary is still taking off and I can't keep track of everything he is saying. I do have one story that I remember that involves him saying some new words that I had better type before I forget it...

If you are reading this, you are probably aware of the fact that our family will soon be moving. Most of our packing must be done after Parker goes to sleep, otherwise he thinks he needs to "help" and we all know how "helpful" a 15 month old is...yeah right! Anyway, I had decided to pack up our over-the-counter meds that I didn't think we'd be using before we moved. Parker had become restless so I held him as I took out different meds and put them in the box. As I took out a box of "Nasonex", Parker looked me in the eye and as plain as day said "what's that?" to which I said "It's Nasonex". He then said "Nay-o-nec"! I LOVE when he repeats words after we say them and he's been doing it more and more lately!! :) Saying "what's that?" was also new for him! I'm not sure I'm ready for him to go through his "what's that?" phase, but that's at least better than the "why?" phase.

As I typed that, I remembered another new word he has been saying..."thank you"! :) He has been able to sign thank you for quite a while now, but now sometimes he will say it! At first I thought I was maybe just hearing things, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. The only time he says what sounds like thank you, is after I have given him something he has asked for and it sounds JUST like "thank you"! :) I hope he'll start using the word regularly soon...we sometimes get some funny looks when we are leaving stores and I ask Parker to say thank you and he starts doing the sign for it. I'm tired of having to tell people that he is signing "thank you" to them. At least he is good about telling people thank you. Usually if he hears me say thank you, he'll instantly sign it without me even asking him to...he's such a polite boy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment