Sunday, August 29, 2010
August 2010- Mom and Dad
I'm not exactly sure when this officially started happening, but I believe it was sometime this month (August)...my "BABY" boy started calling us mom and dad instead of momma or mommy and dadda or daddy! The first time he said it, I thought I was hearing him wrong so I asked him to repeat himself. Sure enough, plain as day he had said "mom". I don't know if you've heard a 2 year old call their mother, "mom" but I almost cried!! He sounded SOOOO old!!! I kept thinking, "you're only 2...I have at least a couple more years before I go from being 'mommy' to being 'mom'!" For a while it seemed that saying mom and dad had replaced saying mommy and daddy altogether and that he was ready to ALWAYS call us that! Then as the month went on, he has called us mommy and daddy at times as well. He sounds super cute saying it, but I'm glad he doesn't always use it because as cute as he sounds saying it, it still does make him sound far too grown up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment