Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 20, 2010- "I want eleven"

We were getting ready to go somewhereand Parker and I had the following conversation...

me: "It's time to go"

P: "I want eleven"

me: "You want eleven, what?"

P: "I want eleven two minutes."

He is used to us telling him he has 5 more minutes, 2 more minutes, etc. until it's time to go/time to clean up/etc. (yes technically he's too young to know how long 5 or 2 minutes is, but we've said it enough by now that he's old enough to know that 5 or 2 minutes means soon/that it isn't very long) I'm not sure where he came up with eleven to put before 2 minutes since he doesn't even say eleven when he counts! I thought it was so cute and reminded me of when kids try to say the time and they say it's "seventy o'clock" etc. He has said it several times since then (especially when he REALLY doesn't want to quit doing whatever he's doing). I haven't really corrected him on it yet because he so adamant about wanting his 'eleven two minutes' that I think it would just frustrate him. Eventually I'll correct it but until then, I'm enjoying hearing him say it...

No comments:

Post a Comment