Monday, January 12, 2009

Sign Number Three: Dog! :)

Today Parker did the sign for Dog for the first time! It's a really simple one because you just pat your hand on your leg. We were reading a book that had a dog in it when he looked at the dog excitedly...I then asked him if he saw the dog and he started signing "dog"! I thought maybe it was just a fluke but then for like 5 minutes straight, anytime I said the word dog, he did the sign! Well I guess I should say that it was his own modified version of the sign because he kept patting his chest in the same place that he does the sign for please, instead of patting his leg, but it was a definite pat not a circular motion or rubbing back and forth like he does when he signs please! I'm so excited that he's picking up on them so quickly now! Now if I could just get him to sign "more" or "thank you"...then I'd REALLY be thrilled! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment