Friday, April 3, 2009

New Things and Some Videos!

Well, I am trying to decide how much longer I'm going to continue updating Parker's blog with the new words/signs he's saying. It has gotten to the point now where he is saying recognizably or trying to say almost everything that we say. Some words are pretty clear, others are just the same number of syllables and use the same consenant sounds that we use so they sound similar but not quite like the actual word. I'm finding it too difficult to keep up and even when I update, I KNOW there are things I'm forgetting b/c I'll remember at the end of the day that he said something new but I will have forgotten to write it down and then can no longer remember. Now on to the updates that I can remember for now...

Recent New Words: duck, door, letter, later, yellow, blue, "giggle, giggle, giggle" (I'll explain this one in a little bit) and my favorite...Jesus (too precious to hear your little one say "Jesus"!) :)

Recent New Animal Sound: frog

Recent New Sign: quiet

The story behind Parker saying "giggle, giggle, giggle" is this...He has a school bus toy that sings the different verses of "The Wheels On The Bus". For one of the verses it says that the girl on the bus says, "giggle, giggle, giggle". Well Parker pushed the girl down on the school bus the other day and when it got to the "giggle..." part, Parker chimed right in and started saying "giggle" over and over again! It was too sweet! After he did this the first time, I had to get a video of it! Enjoy!

4/1/09 Giggle, Giggle, Giggle


Parker has also gotten very good lately at putting the shapes on his stacker! He was close to being able to do this about a week ago, and then a couple of days ago he put the first shape on all by himself! I actually got it on video the first time he ever did it! This was all by luck...I was actually just planning on videoing him to show how close he was to being able to do it on his own and then he ended up getting it! :) Now when he uses the shape stacker he does really well with it and puts several shapes on before he gets bored and goes off to do something more active! I have a very quick video of him putting his shapes on the stacker today b/c I was going to show how much better he had gotten at it. Unfortunately by the time I started videoing him, he had decided he was just about ready to move on so it doesn't really demonstrate how well and how long he normally works with his shape sorter.

3/30/09 First Time Putting Shape on his Shape Stacker


4/3/09 Shape Stacker and Door


One more thing and then I promise to be done with this post. Another thing cute thing that Parker has been doing lately has to do with him playing with his Fisher Price "Little People" sets. He has several of them and until just recently he really didn't do much with them. He has recently really enjoyed putting the "little people" in their car and driving the car on the ground. He even makes car sounds as he drives the car...it's too funny! The "car sounds" he makes sound just like the sound he does for the lion roar but he makes it when he points to cars as they drive by in addition to when he's driving the "Little People" in their car so I'm sure that he's trying to make a car sound! Such a silly "boy" thing to do! I have a video and a picture of him putting the Little person in the car but don't have one yet of him making the car sound b/c I don't think he does it loud enough that you'd even be able to hear it on a video. I'll try soon to get one soon though to find out for sure!

4/1/09 Driving Already!

2 comments:

  1. Parker's shape sorter is so neat!!! Too bad I was working when you guys were in town-it would have been neat to get them together and see how they interacted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The shape sorter is made by Melissa and Doug. I love their products!! It IS too bad that you were working when we were there. Parker is so bad about throwing toys as he plays that he hit Hudson with toys twice on accident while we were there! Poor little Hudson couldn't even fight back yet. :( If they were 1 and 1 1/2 instead of 7 1/2 and 13 1/2 months old I think they would have really had fun together!

    ReplyDelete