Tuesday, January 12, 2010
"Love mama!"
Parker has been super cuddly and very much a mama's boy since day one! He is SUPER verbal, saying complete sentences for quite some time now when there is something that he wants. There is one thing however that he, (for whatever reason), wouldn't say on his own or even repeat if you asked him to..."I love you". He would blow kisses to people and if you told him to "give mommy/daddy/grandpa/etc. some love", he'd lean in for a kiss or blow kisses but would never actually say, "I love you". Just recently he would say it on the phone before saying goodbye to grandma/grandpa if I told him to say "I love you" to them. He still wasn't saying it to James or I though which I found quite surprising considering both his super cuddly nature and the fact that he's such a mama's boy. Then just the other day I was cleaning a shelving thing we have in our bathroom and was down on my hands and knees...Parker ran into the bathroom, threw his arms around my back and said "love mama!" It totally melted my heart to FINALLY hear him say those words!! I know of course that he loves me through his actions but to hear it just warmed my heart even more! I literally almost cried but I held it together, turned around, gave him a great big hug and kiss and said "I love you too Parker...SOOOOO much!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, I happened to stumble upon your blog... very cute posts by the way. But this one gave me a happy tear as well. My son is 14 months and I cannot wait till I hear those heart-warming words :)
ReplyDeleteIt's the best thing EVER Sara!! :)
ReplyDelete