Thursday, May 7, 2009
COLORS!! :)
I'm SOOOO excited...Parker knows at least 2 colors!!! James was reading him a book that had a train made out of blocks. The front 2 wheels of the train were red and the back 2 were blue. James said to Parker, "Where are the red wheels?" and Parker pointed right to the red wheels! Then he asked him "Where are the blue wheels?" and once again Parker pointed right to the blue wheels! We weren't sure if it was just a coincidence that he pointed correctly so I told James to keep reading the book and ask him to point to other red/blue things. Later in the book there was a page with different colored clothing items hanging on a clothes line and I asked Parker to show me where the red pants were. He pointed right to the red pants, but shortly after he pointed to them, I realized there was only one pair of pants in the picture so we thought he might have just pointed to them because they were the only pants in the picture. The picture had some red, blue and green shirts on it so I asked Parker where the red shirt was and he pointed right to the red shirt! James later asked Parker again to point to something that was blue and he did it again!! James asked about one item that was green but Parker didn't point to something green so we're pretty sure he doesn't seem to know green. Those were the only colors we asked him, (we were just so proud of him for knowing blue and red that we mainly focused on that)! I'm planning on trying to ask him to identify the colors of some objects tomorrow so we can figure out if he knows any of his other colors! :) I'm one proud mommy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment